Croatia and Montenegro are two beautiful nations situated where the Dinaric Alps meet the Adriatic Sea. With small fishing villages, magnificent mountain scenery, delicious food and warm hospitality, you will love discovering this lesser known area of Europe!
There are a lot of incredible things that we experience on this trip, but here are some of our favorites:
- Swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Adriatic
- Enjoying an afternoon on the water on a private boat- island hopping among Croatia's most beautiful islands and discovering Skadar Lake National Park in Montenegro
- Exploring the walled cities of Dubrovnik, Korčula and Kotor (Lonely Planet's #1 city to visit in 2016!)
- Wine tasting at small family wineries and trying varieties found nowhere else in the world
- Eating some of the freshest food possible- from locally caught seafood to homemade cheeses, prosciutto, and olive oil
Trip Difficulty: Easy
This is one of our leisure trips- less strenuous than our hiking and biking trips, yet still offering plenty of opportunities for fun! You can go kayaking and hiking, relax at a waterfront restaurant, or visit local museums, churches, and forts. If you would like more adventure, you can opt for more kayaking and hiking, go cliff jumping, canyoning or whitewater rafting.
You will be delightfully surprised by Croatian and Montenegrin food! Some of the more popular items are homemade cheese, prosciutto and olive oil, as well as freshly caught fish and locally grown produce. You can try homemade rakija (fruit brandy) and varieties of wine found nowhere else in the world. Here, farm to table is a way of life. With fresh ingredients from land and sea, eating delicious food will definitely be a highlight of the trip!