The Rhine is one of Germany's most iconic rivers, and biking along the river is the best way to see it! You will bike along flat bike paths that follow the river past dozens of castles, vineyards, biergartens, and quaint towns. This is the Germany you have always imagined, and an experience you will never forget!
There are a lot of incredible things that we experience on this trip, but here are some of our favorites:
- Spending the night like royalty in a beautifully restored medieval castle perched above the Rhine
- Biking through the Rhine River Gorge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with 40+ castles and fortresses
- Sampling fine wines while biking through one of Germany's premier wine growing regions
- Admiring the beauty of the Cologne Cathedral, one of the most iconic churches in the world
- Visit Munich's famous Oktoberfest before or after the biking trip
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
We bike every day of the trip, anywhere from 14 to 36 miles per day. This is a very manageable distance, especially considering that you have all day to bike, however it will require several hours of biking per day. You can reserve an electric assist bike if you would like to have the same biking experience but with less effort. At any point if you get tired and want to rest, you can easily ride to the next town in our support van or take a scenic cruise on a boat up the Rhine. If you would like to bike faster or slower than the group, we provide turn by turn GPS directions so you can bike on your own.
more than a trip: an experience
This area is one of the most beautiful locations in Germany and Europe. Our unique itinerary has been designed so that you will get the most out of your trip. We arrange all of the trip logistics including bike rentals (21 speed hybrid bikes), hotels, and even transport your luggage between towns so you just bike bike with the essentials for that day. One of our leaders is German and can assist with language barriers and can help with any special arrangements. The camaraderie that you experience with the other bikers, facilitated by the group leaders that have years of experience providing high quality trips, will make the journey even more enjoyable.